Business Crime Reduction
Wood Green Business Improvement District (BID) would like to reassure local businesses it is working with partners including the Police and enforcement teams with the Council to ensure that measures are in place. If you need to report any issues or a crime against staff or your property, please contact the Police either on 101 or 999 if it is an emergency.
Wood Green BID Safe and Secure
While the BID have suspended a number of projects and activities, it has ensured that we still have many of our Safe and Secure projects active. This includes our Street Rangers who are patrolling the area daily. During this time, the Rangers are carrying on with their normal roles but also supporting other partners with ensuring the government rules on distancing especially on those queuing outside stores is kept too.
The BID Town Centre Radio System is also active and you can contact the Street Rangers as normal for support via the radio’s. Our Intelligence reporting software is also active. If you do not have access to either the Radio or the Intelligence software and you would to be included, please either speak to one of our rangers or contact us at email@example.comVisit our Safe and Secure Pages
Keeping your Business and Staff safe
The Police have produced a few support fact sheets to help businesses prepare for their businesses during this time. There are a few things you all should have prepared or active no matter if your business is closed or open.
- Make sure you have a monitored alarm and that it’s fully operational
- Make sure your CCTV is operational, provides facial recognition as well as good quality images and covers any vulnerable areas
- Do not to keep cash on the premises and always use a bolted-down safe with a time lock and anti-tamper sensors that trigger an alarm
- Make sure stockrooms are locked and, where possible, keep stock out of sight
- Please help the BID by letting us know a good way to contact you or a person they could contact about your business in case we need to get hold of you.
For addition advise and guidance, please visit the MET’s website here
To read the guidance from the Business Crime Hub, please click here (opens a PDF document)
London going into Tier 2 from next week
It has been announced that from Wednesday 2nd Dec
Local Restrictions Support Grant for Haringey Businesses
The Local Restrictions Support Grant LRSG (Closed
Haringey launches new COVID safe business Scheme
The government has announced new national restric