To help catalyse London’s green recovery from the pandemic, ReLondon have launched a support package to help small and medium enterprises (SMEs) reap the financial and environmental benefits of the circular economy.
Thanks to funding from the Mayor of London’s Green New Deal fund, SMEs can now apply for:
– Free expert advice to help them explore opportunities to cut waste, increase revenue and reduce costs through circular economy business models;
– Grants of £10,000-£15,000 to trial circular economy pilots that could help their business grow
What will be funded?
To be eligible for funding, pilots must fit with one or more of the circular business models as outlined in the circular pilot grant applicant guidance (PDF, 4MB). Circular economy projects might include;
– Implementing a product or packaging take back scheme
– Launching a new revenue stream through leasing products or by recovering a new waste stream
– Launching a refillable or reusable system or product Designing a modular product
Pilots should represent a new activity for the business and not simply expand an existing model.
Both support offers are open to SMEs from any sector, with priority given to those hardest hit by the pandemic, such as hospitality, retail and entertainment businesses. Businesses with BAME or female leadership in particular are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should complete and submit the application form by 11.59pm on Sunday 18 July 2021.
Only businesses meeting the eligibility criteria should apply.