Given its popularity last year, London Business Hub are re-running the social media two days’ workshop on Wednesday 10th and 17th of February, “Harness the Power of Social Media to Grow your Business”. SMEs have a chance to learn how to develop for free a social media strategy and create engaging content for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Numbers are very limited for this workshop so we would encourage SME’s to book on to it soon.
As part of the EU Exit Series for SMEs, London Business Hub is running a whole day virtual webinar on February 24th on “Doing Business in the EU: the New Landscape”. The topics covered will be:
- Importing and exporting, cross border documents and the UK Global Tariff
- Employing EU nationals
- Data and Intellectual Property
Further information on how to register for webinars and on the schedule/content of webinars is available on the London Business Hub webpage here.
Applications for round 4 of the London Business Accelerator closed last week with over 80 applications. 30 businesses will be selected by the end of the week to start the virtual programme in February.
All ERDF eligible SME’s in London can continue to benefit from free 1:1 support of up to 12 hours with one of London Business Hubs advisers. Appointments can be booked via their website at https://www.businesshub.london/advisers/.
The London Business Hub is now also offering FREE 1-2-1 advice and guidance to businesses to support them with the changes that impact them from 1st January due to Brexit. Businesses can book an appointment with an EU adviser here. They are also now pleased to announce that they have a panel of specialist advisers on board covering a range of subjects including immigration and employment of EU nationals in the UK , employment of UK nationals in the EU, and business travel, tax, VAT, corporate law and import and export support. Specialists are only accessible though the LBH/EU advisers. They will refer businesses to this specialist panel where relevant.
As part of the wider London Business Hub’s programme, there are also some other exciting initiatives currently live to support businesses. These include:
- Investment Readiness Programme – a programme to guide early-stage founders, especially from underrepresented groups, on how to access external finance. The next workshop is in February, for more information and to register your interest please visit here: https://www.businesshub.london/resource/investment-readiness-programme/
- Property Advice Service – to help SMEs find the right space and fully understand the costs associated with renting a property. The next workshop takes place on 9th February, 10.30am-12.30pm, it will focus on COVID-19’s impact on commercial spaces, helping businesses to understand their leases, rent negotiation & business rates. To join, businesses can register interest for the programme here: https://www.businesshub.london/resource/property-advice-and-business-rates-service/
- Recoverand Grow – a programme in partnership with The Business School for established SMEs with ambitions to grow with a turnover of over £450,000. Businesses can register their interest here: https://www.businesshub.london/resource/recover-and-grow/