Mayor's of London Women's Night Safety Charter.
Wood Green BID has signed up to support the Mayor’s of London Women’s Night Safety Charter.
London is a safe city, but too many women feel unsafe when travelling, working or going out at night. Londoners have asked the Night Czar to prioritise women’s safety. That’s why the Mayor has created this charter: to make London a city where all women feel confident and welcome at night.
The charter is part of the Mayor’s Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy and London’s commitment to the UN Women Safe Cities and Safe Public Spaces global initiative.
To support the Women’s Night Safety Charter, we ask all organisations that operate at night to sign-up to some simple pledges:
- Nominate a champion in your organisation who actively promotes women’s night safety
- Demonstrate to staff and customers that your organisation takes women’s safety at night seriously, for example through a communications campaign
- Remind customers and staff that London is safe, but tell them what to do if they experience harassment when working, going out or travelling
- Encourage reporting by victims and bystanders as part of your communications campaign
- Train staff to ensure that all women who report are believed
- Train staff to ensure that all reports are recorded and responded to
- Design your public spaces and work places to make them safer for women at night