Wood Green Business Crime Reduction Partnership
A Business Crime Reduction Partnership scheme is a partnership where businesses including retailers, bars, leisure and organisations unify as an independent group to pre-empt theft in retail premises.
The BusinessWatch organisation, led by Future Wood Green BID works closely with local Council departments including Enforcement, Traiding Standards and also with the local Police force to reduce business crime and anti-social behaviour with the objective to help make Town Centre’s safer for residents, customers and staff.
The organisation offers a solutions which enables offenders or suspects to be spotted and tracked before they commit crimes against businesses – a proactive complement to the area’s neighbourhood policing and response teams.
BusinessWatch meets on a regular basis each month on the Third Wednesday to discuss issues that have occurred on or near premises of members. Although the BusinessWatch scheme is supported by the police who can offer help and advice, it must be recognised that the scheme is not run by police but by the Business Improvement District.
The Benefits of the BusinessWatch Scheme:
- To join the secure DISC Website and phone apps which provides accurate intelligence and up-to-date images reported by members and police.
- To have the support of the BID’s Street Rangers who work closely with the Police and other organisations.
- To receive alerts and updates on issues arising for the area.
- Increase profitability by reducing crime, the fear of crime, stock losses and Anti-social behaviour.
- To attend free crime reduction training
- To promote a sense of security for customers and staff.
- To improve police/business liaison by providing effective communications through two-way radio and dedicated online services. One such service is online DISC intel system.
If your organisation would like to take part in Wood Green’s BusinessWatch Scheme:
BusinessWatch in Wood Green is operated by Future Wood Green Business Improvement District (BID) and invites all those who are either levy payers or voluntary members to join. For further information on BusinessWatch, please click here.
Please note that while the BID is funding this scheme, additional services including a introduction of a radio scheme is not included in this scheme. Future Schemes and projects will be discussed by the Safe and Secure Steering Group.