1, Who are we?
Future Wood Green Ltd Business Improvement District (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Future Wood Green Ltd and our office address is Room 9, Kingfisher Place, 1 Clarendon Road, London, N22 6XF.
2. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you.
Information you give to us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites and or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to any of our updates or newsletters, make an enquiry, engage us to provide business services, participate in social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, register for an event and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, position, company, contact details (such as address, e-mail address and phone number), your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and methods used to browse away from the page.
4, Legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and/or
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the website and our business, in particular:
- responding to your queries;
- carrying out marketing activities;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- keeping in touch with you and/or your business;
- hosting and maintaining our website;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences;
- ensuring network and information security;
as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; and/or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us; and/or
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you (for example to provide goods and/or services to you) or that you have with a third party; and/or
- where this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
Responding to requests
We will use this information to fulfil your requests to respond to your queries and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
If you register for one of our business-focused events, we will share your name, company name and professional title with other people that are attending the same event;
If you register for an event jointly organised with a carefully selected third party, we will share your name, business name and professional title with the other event organiser solely for the purposes of event communication management and this requirement will be clearly stated in our contract with them.
Marketing and updates
- to provide you with information about services we offer and events we manage
- to provide you with information that may affect your business
- where you have provided us with your contact details, to communicate relevant information
including updates about our work and details of events and services we feel may interest you. This may be by post, telephone, e-mail or social media.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can opt out. If you opt out of marketing communications, your visit to and use of the website will not be affected.
Marketing Opt-Out – you are entitled to opt-out of marketing communications at any time, free of charge by emailing email@example.com or by using the “unsubscribe” option included in any of our marketing e-mails.
To notify you about changes to our service;
- where legally permitted for specific purposes made clear at the point of collection on particular pages of our website; and/or
- where we otherwise have legal grounds for collection and use of your personal information as explained in more detail in clause 4 above.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the personal information. Aside from this, your visit to the website will remain unaffected.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We have never and will not sell any data to third parties.
- Disclosure of your information
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
You agree that we have the right to share some personally identifiable information with the following third parties:
5, i) Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics works using cookies.
Google Analytics cookies collect your IP address, however because IP anonymisation is used on this website, your IP address will be shortened (and therefore anonymised) as soon as technically possible and before it is stored or otherwise used in connection with Google Analytics.
The anonymisation process takes place within the European Union or the European Economic Area, except in exceptional cases, where your full IP address may be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
We use the information collected by Google Analytics cookies to find out about how visitors use our website. The IP address sent by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined by Google, with other data.
6, ii) Sharing with our service providers
iii) Sharing with other selected third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners for the performance of any contract we enter with you;
- business partners with whom we organise a joint event, for joint or our marketing purposes. Where we do this for joint events, we do it to remove duplicates from our invitation list and for event communication management. We may do this when we work with a partner on the organisation of an event and we or the new organiser will contact you at that time to let you know. We will never share confidential matter or enquiry details with such business partners and our agreements will always state that such personal data can only be used for the marketing and communications around these events; #
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Future Wood Green Ltd or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, regulators and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, protecting property or other criminal offence, and/or to ensure network and information security.
7, How long do we store personal information?
8, Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We acknowledge that information you provide may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your confidential information in accordance with all applicable laws.
10, Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (when we collect your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes or by letting us know when we collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by managing your preferences on our website or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website does contain links to and from the websites of our partners and local businesses, networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you wish to:
- access, confirm, correct, rectify, update, supplement, anonymise, block, restrict or delete your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- withdraw your consent;
- if you have any questions about our processing of your personal information; or
- if you would like to transfer your personal information from us to another person or business, please contact us at email@example.com
Where you request access to your personal information, the information will be provided in writing. To comply with your request, and we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically. For any subsequent access request, we may charge you an administrative fee.
We will provide you with all rights in relation to your personal information to which you are entitled under applicable law. If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal information, you can make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based. Contact details are available online, or alternatively you may ask us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated date: 20th March 2021 Version: 1.3